Museo LoPiù

Museo LoPiù
(Logo designed by Juan Carlos Cuba)

Translate

martes, 17 de octubre de 2017

Rita Hayworth - Bewitched, bothered and bewildered (Pal Joey, 1957)

THE WAY TO MY HEART IS UNZIPPED AGAIN

Recordamos el nonagésimo noveno aniversario natal de Rita Hayworth con esta secuencia de Pal Joey (1957) -exitosa adaptación a la pantalla del musical homónimo de 1940 de Rodgers & Hart- que produjo Columbia Pictures y dirigió George Sidney. En ella, la inolvidable estrella, once años después de encarnar a Gilda y ya próxima a la cuarentena, aún conservaba gran parte de su belleza, poder de seducción y arrebatadora sensualidad. En la canción Bewitched, bothered and bewildered, un clásico de Richard Rodgers (música) y Lorenz Hart (letra) devenido standard, Rita fue doblada por la cantante Jo Ann Greer.

Bewitched, bothered and bewildered  (lyrics)

He's a fool and don't I know it
But a fool can have her charms
I'm in love and don't I show it
Like a babe in arms
Men are not a new sensation
I've done pretty well I think
But this half-pint imitation
Put me on the blink
I'm wild again, beguilded again
A simpering, whimpering child again
Bewitched, bothered and bewildered am I
Couldn't sleep and wouldn't sleep
And what would I do if I shouldn't sleep
Bewitched, bothered and bewildered am I

Lost my heart, but what of it?
My mistake, I agree
He's a laugh but I love it
Because the laugh's on me
A pill he is, but still he is
All mine and I'll keep him until he is
Bewitched, bothered and bewildered like me
La, da, da, da, da, di, dam
Mmmmmmm
La, da, da, da, da, da, dam
I guess the laugh's on me
I slept again, I tripped again
The way to my heart is unzipped again
Bewitched, bothered and bewildered am I


1 comentario: