Museo LoPiù

Museo LoPiù
(Logo designed by Juan Carlos Cuba)

Translate

jueves, 4 de agosto de 2016

Timi Yuro - I apologize

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART

Nunca me cansaré de reivindicar a la tristemente desaparecida Timi Yuro, una cantante estadounidense nacida en Chicago tal día como hoy hace 76 años. En toda la historia de la música popular no he escuchado otra voz más torrencialmente portentosa en una vocalista. Ciertamente estremece y produce asombro escucharla en canciones como I apologize, versión treinta años posterior de un antiguo hit de Bing Crosby en 1931 que compusieron Al Hoffman, Al Goodhart y Ed Nelson.

I apologize  (lyrics)

If I told a lie
If I made you cry
When I said goodbye
I'm sorry
From the bottom of, of my heart
I apologize
If I caused you pain
I know that I'm to blame
I must have been insane
Come on, forgive me
From the bottom of my broken heart
I apologize
I realize I've been unfair to you
Please let me make, make amends
Don't say that you forgot the love we knew
After all, we were more than just friends
Now, if I made you blue
I've had some heartaches too
I beg of you
Come on, forgive me
From the bottom of, of my heart right now
I have got to apologize
Oh, oh, I'm sorry
Oh, oh, I'm sorry, dear

1 comentario: