Museo LoPiù

Museo LoPiù
(Logo designed by Juan Carlos Cuba)

Translate

martes, 20 de mayo de 2014

Bobby Goldsboro - Honey

AND I'D LOVE TO BE WITH YOU IF ONLY I COULD

En 1968, Bobby Goldsboro, un cantante de Marianna, Florida, se encaramó al número uno de las listas de éxitos USA y vendió más de un millón de copias de esta canción rompecorazones escrita por Bobby Russell, en la que la voz del narrador se lamenta por el deceso de su amada. El lacrimoso tema se convirtió en un hit en muchos otros países y fue muy versionado. Confieso que a mí aún se me hace un nudo en la garganta cada vez que vuelvo a escuchar "Honey".

Honey (lyrics)

See the tree, how big it's grown
But friend, it hasn't been too long, it wasn't big
I laughed at her and she got mad
The first day that she planted it, was just a twig
Then the first snow came
And she ran up to brush the snow away so it wouldn't die
Came running in, all excited
Slipped and almost hurt herself and I laughed till I cried
She was always young at heart, kind of dumb and kind of smart
And I loved her so
And I surprised her with a puppy
Kept me awake all Christmas Eve two years ago
And it would sure embarrass her when I came in from working late
'Cause I would know
That she'd been sitting there and crying
Over some sad and silly late late show
And honey, I miss you and I'm being good
And I'd love to be with you if only I could
She wrecked the car and she was sad
And so afraid that I'd be mad, but what the heck
Though I pretended hard to be
Guess you could say she saw through me and hugged my neck
I came home unexpectedly
And caught her crying needlessly in the middle of the day
And it was in the early spring, when flowers
Bloom and robins sing
She went away
And Honey, I miss you and I'm being good
And I'd love to be with you if only I could
One day while I was not at home
While she was there and all alone, the angels came
Now all I have is memories of Honey
And I wake up nights and call her name
Now my life's an empty stage
Where Honey lived and Honey played
And love grew up
And a small cloud passes overhead
And cries down on the flower bed that Honey loved
And see the tree, how big it's grown
But friend, it hasn't been too long, it wasn't big
I laughed at her and she go mad
The first day that she planted it, was just a twig





1 comentario:

  1. Claro! Se hace un nudo en la garganta! Creo que la versión en español es de Los Javaloyas.

    ResponderEliminar